Saturday, August 18, 2007

Shopping, yes. Success, questionable.

I intended to take it light at the market this week since I'll be out of town this weekend. I only spent $15, but I still got a lot of food. Here's the rundown:

3 heads of cauliflower, $2
3ish lb peaches, $1
the best yellow tomatoes in the world, $3 (my impulse/splurge purchase)
3 bunches of asparagus, $4
3 lb string beans, $3
1 lb cherries, $2

The cherries are for eating plain, although I read somewhere that they can be roasted, so I'll look into that. The asparagus will be steamed -- they're too thin to be roasted. The beans will be steamed, roasted, and/or eaten raw. The cauliflower, whoops. No single person needs 3 heads of cauliflower, but they were on sale. Roasted, made into soup, uh, made into some recipes that I will immediately seek on the internet. Yes, that is the well-thought-out plan. And the peaches are for this recipe. I bought them from a stall that has amazing prices and questionable quality, but I knew that going in and I'm totally willing to cut away some nasty spots on some of the peaches when they're that cheap. So now I'm off to freeze and dice and do whatever else it takes so that I have food for the rest of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home