Saturday, August 04, 2007

Drool, Purchase, Repeat

OK, I was just being ridiculous today at the farmers' market. I think that I spent between $20 and $25, but I can't be sure. I intended to buy some zucchini and tomatoes,and maybe some beans. Here's what I left with:

1 seedless watermelon
1 pineapple
3 lb green beans
2 lb snap peas
3.5 lb Roma tomatoes
3 lb turnip greens (no more kale...)
4 fresh figs (my absolute favorite fruit ever...)
2 heads cauliflower
3 regular zucchini
and this:
Well, OK, the cat I had before. The zucchini is new. (And for those more inclined toward standard measurements, it's 15" long.) It will be soup. The little zucchini will be brownies. The beans and the cauliflower will be roasted; the greens will be boiled. (Then what, dunno. I've never made turnip greens before, but that's what the produce people said would be most kale-like.) Everything else will be dealt with in one way or another. Except for the watermelon, which required urgent chopping. Because I put all of my stuff in a cardboard box in the trunk of my car. Upon removal of said box from said trunk, the bottom of the box fell out, as did all of the produce. Most of the stuff survived intact. The watermelon cracked in half. Note to self: next time, no watermelon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home