Saturday, January 19, 2008

zOMG! She's Wearing Socks!

I don't wear socks. But yes, those are my feet in the picture, covered in socks handmade by me. The socks are wonderfully warm and comfortable to the point that, halfway through the second sock, I tried to figure out a way to wear the sock as I knit it. Unsuccessful, but they knit up so quickly that it really didn't matter. So I've hopped another knitting hurdle, and it feels good. I'm fairly certain that I can squeeze another pair out of the yarn that I bought, and then I'll probably be done with socks for a while. I can see the appeal of them (portability, mostly...although there is that really cool shape-as-you-go factor...like, damn, it's turning into a sock!) but I don't think that it's for me. Too much measuring, and at the end of the day, it's a sock. And I don't wear socks.

And this is my current food obsession. Take a piece of "raw" tofu (House brand firm tofu comes pre-cut into four slices per package), and sprinkle with 1-2 chopped green onions. Mix soy sauce with ginger extract (I use about 1 drop of extract to 2 teaspoons soy sauce) and pour over the tofu and green onions. I'm sure that it's an acquired taste but I love it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cabbage said...

Squeeee! Socks! They look lovely! And i think the tofu looks good too, I love me some cold, raw tofu. You should put some chili oil and sesame seeds on it!

Saturday, January 19, 2008 7:31:00 PM  
Blogger Bianca said...

YAY SOCKS! Great job, they do look so comfy. Maybe you can knit a geisha sock next time, to wear with your flip-flops ;-)

Monday, January 21, 2008 6:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home