Sunday, December 16, 2007

And the Heat Goes On...

Yep, I caved, and turned on the heat this morning. It was at 60F but that was too warm (totally not kidding), so now I've set it to 55F and it's great. I really truly thought that I might make it through the winter, but several things happened recently to change my mind.

1) It snowed, and for some reason, that makes it feel a lot colder.
2) Kabs informed me that my pipes might freeze. And that would suck. A lot.
3) My fingers were getting too stiff to knit. And that did suck. A lot.
4) Last night, when I got home, the dog was shivering. (Poor baby...I felt like a terrible mom.)
5) I'm sick. Nothing major, just a cough and sneeze with a little bit of a sore throat, but I figured that hanging out at 48F (yep, the thermostat finally dipped below 50F) wouldn't help things at all.

And I now get to look forward to a nice high gas bill.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cabbage said...

AWWWWW poor Loki! :( :( :( :( :( Poor cold, shivering, sweet Loki! :( :( :( :( :(

Sunday, December 16, 2007 7:15:00 PM  
Blogger Bianca said...

Don't tell me that even at 48F you were still wearing flip-flops with no socks. Craaaaaazy woman! Glad to hear it's a little warmer in your apartment now and hope you are feeling better. See you tomorrow.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 6:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home