Saturday, January 26, 2008

Unexpected: An Update

So...the good news is that the police found my car. The bad news is that it had been driven into a fence. It's currently undriveable -- the front bumper is dragging on the ground -- but the damage beyond the bumper doesn't seem too extensive. (And so far, my insurance company has been awesome. We'll see how it goes once they actually have to start paying for things.) I'm upset that some other things were stolen -- a book that I received as a gift, and a set of blood-pressure cuffs. I know that it's my own fault for treating the car as a storage-unit-on-wheels, but it still sucks. (And it definitely could be worse -- I am grateful that the car was recovered quickly, and mostly intact, and that my insurance company has been so helpful. Believe me.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Yeah, that still sucks!

Maybe the thief has high blood pressure?

[Sorry...I'm a bit amused that they took the blood pressure cuffs.]

My partner's car was broken into a few years ago. They ripped back the convertible top and broke a window to steal her ice hockey equipment. It was a horrible feeling to find the car ripped up...I imagine it's even more horrible to NOT find your car!

Sunday, January 27, 2008 3:00:00 PM  
Blogger Bianca said...

Oh crap! Sorry to hear about the car. Even though it was a quick find and the insurance will pay for the damage..... what a huge hassle! Until them, let me know if you need a ride anywhere ;-)

Monday, January 28, 2008 6:34:00 AM  
Blogger bek said...

Carrie -- it seems like everyone I've talked to has either had a car stolen/broken into, or knows someone who does. And my own personal theory is that they were so distracted reading my anatomy textbook that they drove into a fence ;-)

Ale -- thanks for the offer! Hopefully I'll have my car back soon, and -- knock on wood -- without too much more trouble!

Monday, January 28, 2008 10:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home