Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mario Kart as a Metaphor For Life

Bear with me for a moment here, people. (XKCD rocks!) This will have a point. (Whether it's relevant...is totally a judgment call on your part.) When I was a kid, my bestest childhood friend and I used to spend hours playing Mario Kart, a racing game for the Super Nintendo. She would kick my butt routinely -- though not quite as badly as when we played Street Fighter -- and sometimes, I'd be trying my hardest not to win (because I didn't have a chance!) but to avoid being beaten by more than one lap. There's nothing like getting passed for the second time :)

And so it is now in CPH-land. Kabs is thinking about starting a second one, and it'll probably be started before I finish mine...but I'll be damned if she finishes a second before I finish my first! It's on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cabbage said...

SWEET! I'm totally going to cast on RIGHT NOW. Hurry hurry hurry! :) I know you can beat me, just freaking do it!

Monday, February 18, 2008 5:37:00 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

You probably lost in Mario Kart because you weren't being Yoshi. Everyone knows that Yoshi is the best.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home