Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I am an idiot.

So. We all know that I'm forgetful. I regularly forget meetings, paperwork, names, faces, facts, and keys. (Though as far as that last one goes, it thankfully hasn't happened in a while.) Today I topped myself. I forgot my car at school. That's right. My car. Because (all together now) I am an idiot.

Moving on...I also made a hat. No pics -- it was for a friend at school and so I gave it to her right as it was finished. Here's my pattern though (as best I remember); I'd like to make another sometime in the future.

Size 10 needles, acrylic yarn. Gauge, approximately 4 st/in...no clue on rows unfortunately.

CO 86 sts. Work 6 rows of K2 P2 ribbing. (Row 1 is WS, row 2 is RS)
Row 7: K all stitches
Row 8. *P2,K2. Rep from star until 2 st remain; P2.

Rep rows 7 & 8 5 more times (total of 6 repeats).
Work 6 more rows of K2 P2 rib, then another 6 repeats (12 rows) of the row 7/row 8 "pattern".

Work 2 more rows of K2 P2 rib.
Begin decreasing for top of hat:
K2 P2 *K2tog P2. Rep from star until 2 st remain; K2.
Next row: K the Ks and P the Ps.
Next row: K2 *P2tog P2. Rep from star until 2 st remain; K2.
Next row: P2, K until 2 st remain, P2.
Next row: K2, P2tog until 2 st remain, K2.
Next row: P2, K2tog until 2 st remain, P2.

There should be 13 st remaining on the needle. *K2, K2 tog. Rep until 1 st remains; K. Cut a long tail, gather remaining st and sew side seam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home