Monday, December 18, 2006

I have lace!

So, persistent knitter that I am (*cough* yeah right *cough*), I gave up on Branching Out, maybe for now, maybe forever. There was something about row 5 that just got me every time. And I thought that I only had 2 weeks to make a scarf for the non-art student student art contest (or the NASSAC, for those of us who are lazy typists). But, upon careful reading of my email (highly recommended at least monthly), I learned that entries for the NASSAC are not due until February 20th. However, I don't really want to be trying to knit lace when I'm in school. You see, (a) I have to study, and (b) [sadly a far more persuasive reason], I know that I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to knit lace in class. And we all know where that ends up.



(As they specifically requested acknowledgement...the pic is from allaboutfrogs.org.)

So I've moved on...to the Diamond Lace Scarf, which is treating me far more kindly. The pattern's written a bit poorly -- I've had to rely on the picture a few times -- but overall (knock on wood) it's going well. I'll show pictures when it's a little further along and when I have a good background nearby.

I shall close with a few words from my lovely surrealism generator, which honestly, I could amuse myself with all day. No kidding.

"And I would have been able to duplicate it, too, if it wasn't for you fatal organs!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home