Monday, July 17, 2006

Second Verse, Same as the First...

Tomorrow's lunch will be the same as today's, with the exception of a chickpeas-for-tofu substitution. (I ate the rest of the tofu...I looooooooooove tofu!) Not much else going on -- I got to volunteer at the clinic tonight, which was great. Probably one of the best free-clinic experiences that I have ever had because I got to shadow an amazing physician. (And I got to hear my first heart murmur and do my first prostate exam, followed very rapidly by my second prostate exam.) Someday, I will be a doctor. Someday. And I have learned that no matter how many times you introduce yourself as a medical. (pause) student. (pause) there will still be patients...and other volunteers...and physicians...that refer to you as doctor. And I have learned that the gracious thing to do is to smile and accept it. And to make sure that things don't get too out of hand -- you still can't sign any prescriptions :) You can, however, answer questions to the best of your ability, and plead ignorance when your ability doesn't measure up. Because you are, in fact, just a medical. (pause) student. (pause). And maybe -- just maybe -- by the time that people figure it out, you'll be a doctor. Rock.

Oh. And this isn't me. But it damn well could be. Especially if I remain sleep-deprived. Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home