Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Cat, With No Hat (And No Eyes)

Yay for schwubbie! (Now, I know that you-two-who-might-read-this already know my pets, but I love to talk about them and take their pictures...) So this is the first-of-four in the irregularly posted introduce-the-cats series of posts.

Name(s): Leanie (officially)
Schwub, schwubbie, shrubs, shrubbery, Turbo, Turbie, Turbiekin, Turbhat, Turbcat, Turbear, Cheekon Keeton, Schwubchicken, Chick Chica, Schwurbs, Strawberry, Stray Berry, Stray Cat, Lilli, Lillian, and I'm sure that I've forgotten several (thousand) -- pets around here tend to have lots of names.

Hobbies: sleeping, chasing intruders, more sleeping, being a ninja...

Pictures:

Schwubs, up close and personal (catal?):


She's very photogenic because she never blinks when I'm trying to take her picture. (For those who don't know, Schwubs had nasty eye infections when she was very very young and they had to surgically remove her eyes. No, she's not asleep; no, she can't see; yes, she does bump into things sometimes; no, she's not unhappy. Just to answer everyone's questions...)

Schwubs, doing her ninja thang:

She was swatting at Loki (Ms. Dog-on-a-Blog) who insists on putting a paw on any cat that she can reach...

And this is schwubbie doing her best chicken imitation:

Pretty darn adorable if you ask me :)

And this is a never-ending pasta salad:



Ridiculously easy (once you get past the chaos of making the pesto...which, really, you don't even have to do...just go buy some. I'll post my veganized recipe sometime in the future when I get the "measurements" right...all that I know is that I messed it up and that I had to add more basil about 5 different times...) Pasta (drained and rinsed in cold water), vegan sour cream, pesto (about 2 T pesto to 1/2 c. sour cream), carrots and green beans (drop them in boiling water for about 3 minutes, then rinse them quickly with cold water to stop them from cooking anymore). Mix, salt and pepper to taste, the end. I did run the pesto/sour cream mixture through the Cuisinart with some fresh basil leaves just for color, but you could either chiffonade the extra basil or just leave it out entirely. Yay for pasta salad!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cabbage said...

awwwww i love ninjer cat. and it think its "catsonal" not "catal" ... kiss the girls for me!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 6:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home