Sunday, July 02, 2006

It's a salad, so it must be healthy...?

It's ridiculously warm here. And I have no A/C. Which is not usually a huge deal, since it keeps energy bills down. (Yay!) But today I didn't want to cook, and I'm trying to lose weight, so I made a salad. But it turned into a freshman girl salad...light on the lettuce, heavy on everything else.


It's actually not too bad for you: romaine lettuce, black beans (canned -- rinse and drain), corn (frozen -- microwave and drain), roma tomatoes, green onions, and olives. I made a sorta-southwest dressing by mixing vegan sour cream (leftover from the pasta salad), lime juice (not from a plastic lime), and chili powder. It was good and saved me from heating up the kitchen at all. I'll probably be posting several salads over the next few days...I'm a sucker for bulk purchasing, and currently the proud owner of 6 heads of romaine lettuce. Ooops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home