Thursday, July 19, 2007

Hey! That's Not Knitting!

Nope, thanks to Craftster, I now have new ways to avoid work waste money express myself creatively. This month's Craftster Challenge is to create a reusable shopping bag with an environmentally themed design. You're allowed to submit more than one piece (as long as it's part of a set) so here's what I've got so far. It's my first attempt at stenciling since I did potato prints in elementary school. I know that I haven't got a shot at winning the contest -- there are going to be people entering bags that they've sewn themselves, and crazy-intricate stenciled designs, and things that I can't even conceive of at the moment -- but, being underemployed and bored, I decided to give it a try.


This one is going to be the earth -- continents to come soon.



A tree. (Blobs on the trunk totally unintentional, but I kinda like them.)

This one's my favorite -- it's a peacycle sign. Unfortunately, it's the one where the actual stenciling came out worst. Oh well.

And they're all going to have slogans on the back. (To be posted when they're done.)