Sunday, August 01, 2010

Dessert First!

I have an extensive "Make this recipe someday" list, and just as long is my list of reasons why I don't try things from the list. "No time", "unfamiliar ingredients", "I already have a great recipe for this", etc. Well, I didn't have a good excuse not to make Veggie Platter's Cardamom Flavored, Eggless Chocolate Chip Muffins, but I did need a good occasion. Then I came across two at once: the last day of my first rotation as an intern (?!), and Nupur's Blog Bites 6: Potluck Edition. I followed the recipe almost-exactly, adding just a pinch of salt and about 1/2 tsp of vanilla, using half white and half wheat flour, and omitting the wheat germ. Next time, I may add just a little more sugar (or use a sweeter yogurt), decrease the cardamom a little, and add a small amount of ginger and cloves.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nupur said...

Thanks for the delicious entry- cardamom and chocolate is an unusual combination but sounds so very good.

Sunday, August 01, 2010 7:00:00 PM  
Blogger SS blogs here said...

Those muffins look really cute. Cheers! :)

Sunday, August 29, 2010 9:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home