Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Insomnia

Over the course of my lifetime, I've learned that whenever I get enough sleep, I gradually lose my ability to sleep well. As I am currently "on vacation" and regularly sleeping in, I have turned into an insomniac. This will change at some point, I am sure. However, at the moment, I am currently working on a modified version of this modified version of the Saturday Market Bag. In this very ugly yarn, recovered from the Lana debacle.

And in a completely unrelated note, I bought a Club for my car today. Someone -- I thought it was FDR but I am apparently mistaken -- once said, "If one person calls you a horse's ass, ignore it. If a second person says it, consider the possibility. If a third person agrees, buy a saddle." When one of the other students in my program was like, "Don't walk there at night; I've heard bad things about that neighborhood," I was thinking, OK, yeah, fine, heard it before. When my next-door neighbor suggested that I be careful because the neighborhood was "in transition", I said thank you (I am courteous after all) while thinking, OK, I'm not stupid. But then my other next-door neighbor mentioned that her car had been stolen twice in the past 5 years, and my across-the-street neighbor flagged me down while I was walking the dog to inform me that "some young men around here like to steal cars, and the [make and model of the Bekmobile] is really easy to get into." And she was then kind enough to direct me to the nearest K-Mart. I'll consider The Club my modern-day equivalent of the horse's saddle, and hope that it works. Though honestly, I still don't understand HOW it works...except to make it really obvious that the car that you're driving doesn't belong to you. Anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home