Saturday, October 14, 2006

Fast Food

...but not like that. Nope -- today's post is on 10 minute applesauce and hour-or-less bread.

First, the bread. The recipe's posted on Recipezaar -- I've made it about a billion times no problem, so ignore the low rating & give it a try! I can't make anything without changing it...so this time I took a tablespoon of dried garlic, rehydrated it in boiling water, and added it with the water and oil. The rolls turned out fabulously, and this is absolutely the fastest bread recipe ever.

The applesauce is even faster. Peel and slice one apple (Macs and Jonathans are best in my opinion), sprinkle with about 1 and a half teaspoons of sugar (I used brown sugar -- it's all that's in the house at the moment -- but white sugar works well too) and cinnamon/ginger/nutmeg/cloves to taste (maybe 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, only a pinch of any or all of the others). And a pinch of salt (trust me on this one). Then add about 1/4 cup water (less if you like a thicker applesauce) and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. Mmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home