Saturday, July 29, 2006

Five Questions About Knitting

Five things about me and knitting...y'all should answer these questions too. And post in the comments with a link to your answers.

1) When did you start knitting?

July 3rd, 2004. Well apparently Mom taught me when I was a kid (I don't remember, sorry Mom) and I'd tried several times before that and failed miserably (though I did become a brilliant cast-on-er) but that was the first semi-success. It was the night before the Chicago trip, and I'd boarded the dog (for the first time ever); I missed her tremendously and I was very bored. So I learned to knit. And currently, Bu is at my parents' -- I miss her tremendously and I am very bored. So I will knit. And blog.

2) What was your first finished project?

A baby blanket in two shades of blue...I'm a little embarrassed about it now because it definitely looked like a first project: uneven stitches, little holes from unintentional yarnovers, horrible seaming. (I know, I know, who seams a blanket? But what I basically did is knit two scarves and sew them together so that it would be wide enough.) I was very proud of it at the time.

3) What is your favorite yarn?

Inner yarn snob be damned, I love Lion Brand Homespun. It was one of the two shades of blue in the baby blanket, and I have since made several scarves, several pairs of fingerless mitts, and one infamous abominable sweater. (Someone check this link, post a comment and tell me if it works, OK?) I will devote an entire post to that sweater someday...it's, um, interesting :) But yeah, Homespun's super-comfy, relatively cheap, and insanely easy to care for. And I love working with it, though I know that not everyone does. Other yarns-I-love include anything with alpaca. And stuff on sale. And any nicely wound ball of yarn that hops off of the shelf and aims itself at Beast (with a little help from me of course).

4) What is your favorite pair of needles?

Steel blue colored aluminum number 9s. First needles I bought, and I love them. I'm still learning to appreciate dpns and circs...Tubey's helping a lot with that. (Fear not, Kabs, you will get your needles back! I'm done with one sleeve and just below the elbow on the other...but I've got a good 8 hours of sit-and-wait in airports coming up this week...)

5) What is the most complicated project you've ever completed?

The DNA Scarf, no question. I wussed out on the mini-cables (and miscrossed a few cables in the pattern) but otherwise worked it exactly as written. I gifted it...and Beast, if you ever lose it, don't tell me. Or I'll cry. And never knit you anything. Ever. Again.

I've attempted a few other complicated things but never finished any. Working on it...but it's hard when you don't have a lot of time to devote to uninterrupted not-while-multitasking knitting. Someday.

So that's me in the fiber sense...off to knit!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cabbage said...

you have to log into facebook to see it. then it works (the abominable sweater)!

Sunday, July 30, 2006 7:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


Division of physical ability of Sohu VS rocket: Familiar Aersitongmabuli effect is big
: Fosan has a lot of trains, what are you responsible?
Jimmy: We have many trains really, ha, I am physical ability coach, so I basically am in charge of the physical ability respect of all players namely, include the refreshment of the player, maintain body condition to wait a moment, it is better to help them go to them body [url=http://wholesalenikeshoes.manifo.com/]wholesale nike shoes[/url] conditioning go to them body conditioning. Still have even if have some of player probably very young, I help them become more strong with respect to need, more strong, still have even if give them a few skill.
: Is your impression to China how?
Jimmy: I like China very much, actually I am in China already 3 years, in Yao Ming's training battalion works before, can this the opportunity works to this club I am very happy also, fosan is a young team, a young club, I think the organization of the club and management are done very well, this also let me have a very satisfactory work environment. We are done weller in effort everyday now, this also lets me pass very contentedly in Chinese day.
: Fosan team is progress very great now?
Jimmy: We are to be in really progress everyday, know like you, we just won 4 contests last year, but we had won 8 now, and those who want concede points team to grow is so fast, just try hard exceedingly because of us, player people special effort.
: What does Mabuli mean to Fosan?
Jimmy: Mabuli to team it is everything, he assumes the coach's job already, also assume the responsibility of the player, he can help youth study, also can bear the responsibility that has him team leader, go notching, go helping team triumph, he is everything begin, he was done for team a lot of, not exaggerated says, he is the one part with very large team.
: How do Mabuli's physical ability and condition maintain?
Jimmy: To him this is planted for the age, his present body condition is retentive special club, he is in those who maintain state field to do is first-rate, when he is training together with me, experienced special effort, he resembles now is like be in those days when NBA, special occupational is undertaking seriously at ordinary times the body trains, what he does is very pretty good.
: A Ersi connects expression to also do not go out tonight, are you familiar to him?
Jimmy: I am very familiar to Aersitong, because I am in those days,work in rocket team, strap them like peaceful, I worked together with them a sports season, so I had been together with Aersitong several summer, I work in Fosan now, the likelihood meets without so much chance and them, but I and Aersitong they are very ripe, look today, his position is good also, mabuli and the performance that A Ersi tells two people are good.
: To yourself, what is your target?
Jimmy: The target of myself, ha, I hope to be able to be in me namely the experience of the respect of training of a few physical ability of NBA takes China, take CBA, I hope I can resemble cooperating together with Yao Ming in those days same, help these youths in our team become better now. (Editor: ? Lin? Pay close attention to his small gain
Fan Texi surpasses the line on the activity after basketball hassle season | Sport one ball becomes famous dazzle eye storm will raid

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home