Monday, August 30, 2010

Falafelentils Revisited

I wasn't exactly wowed by the Falafelentils when I first made them, but I found myself using them in sandwiches, salads, and just eating them cold out of the fridge. And when they were gone, I missed them...

So I made more today. I didn't have any leftover rice, so I cooked some brown rice using this method, which worked surprisingly well and required almost no effort. I made similar modifications as last time, except that I used 1 tsp of cayenne pepper in place of the chili powder, used 1 cup of rice instead of 1/2 cup, and I pureed the onions and spices together after I'd cooked them. (And I used up the last of the sesame seeds, yay!) The falafelentils STILL stuck to the pan despite my coating the pan in olive oil, so I'll either pan-fry them, or cover the baking pan in foil when I make them again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home