Saturday, July 12, 2008

Happy Saturday!

Well, if Kabs is having a Summer of Socks, I am having a Summer of Spices. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, another recipe from 5 Spices. While I'll probably not make every recipe in the book (not least because several recipes feature the Dreaded Eggplant), at least a third of them are in my cooking queue :)


Tonight's dish was the Simple Cabbage Stir-fry. I pretty much made it as written; I added a bunch of chopped green onions, 1/2 tsp ground coriander, a can of chickpeas, and a little bit of water so that things wouldn't burn. (The frying pan that I used was way too small so I couldn't stir everything properly at first, but it cooked down in about 30 seconds.)

Oh, and I subbed in this really cool arrowhead cabbage that I bought at the Clintonville Farmers' Market. (It totally made me miss Soulard, sigh.)

And in other news, things are way better at work. I realized that I had to change the way that I was handling the situation, and I did. I'm still pretty sure that I don't have an inner surgeon trying to get out, but I can -- and will -- be able to learn a lot and be a useful part of the team regardless. Here's to attitude adjustments! (And happy Saturdays!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Cabbage said...

you stir-fried me, aaahhhh! :)
looks delish
glad work is bettah

Sunday, July 13, 2008 5:04:00 AM  
Blogger Nupur said...

That looks good! You are becoming a pro :) Once you know this basic method of stir-frying, you can use other vegetables instead of cabbage (spinach/cauliflower/carrots or whatever). I sometimes use green peas in there where you used chickpeas.

Sunday, July 13, 2008 5:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home